Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's been so long

since I last blogged! So much has been going on! I have been temping (which was okay, good money, boring occupation) and I've done tuckshop duty; we've been looking at houses in Sale; picking up Mike from Band Camp; having friends around; just lots of stuff!

We had a lovely time last weekend. Mike went to Band Camp, which he enjoyed and I got to spend some one on one time with Gabi. It was really nice to be able to do that. Mike did miss his first soccer match of the season, though, which was a bit sad, but that's the way the cookie crumbled this time. Mike brought home the camp permission form on Monday of last week, with a note attached from his instrumental music teacher saying Mike will be attending camp, starting on Friday. Nice notice there, huh? Of course we wouldn't have said that Mike couldn't go; it was just the slightly arrogant presumption of the teacher in the note that got me. While we were listening to the concert on Sunday morning, Gabi got really excited about learning the trombone so she could be on this camp next year. That would be pretty cool; both Mike and Gabi at the same music camp. The camp caters for the junior musicians of the school, from Grade 4 upwards to Grade 8. As a side note, Gabi was also excited by the prospect of playing her grandfather's compositions at the camp. And the grade 5/6 band did indeed play two pieces written by my dad. I told my mum about this, and she told Dad and then she emailed me that he was "pretty chuffed" about it all. Not bad progress there.

No comments:

Post a Comment