Friday, February 20, 2009

New cds

Okay, today I bought two new cds. One was the Bushfire Aid cd (all proceeds to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal), and the other was a Russell Watson cd, Outside In. I have to say that I am especially enjoying the Russell Watson cd. It has several really good arrangements on it. I really like the Amazing Grace track, and the swing songs but the two stand out tracks for me are One More Time and Love on the Rocks. Yes, the Neil Diamond song. Russell does it quite well. I still think the original is the best, but this cover comes a very, very close second. I was quite surprised by the sound of Russell's voice on this cd. It has very definitely changed over the years that I have been listening to him, but I think it has been a change for the better. Anyway, i just wanted to let you know that it is a good easy listening type cd, if you're interested. And too bad if you're not, because I am! :P

2 comments:

  1. Whats on the bushfire appeal cd?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, to start with, there's the awesome picture of David Tree giving Sam the Koala a drink. There are also two discs in the case. There's Bruce Springsteen, Shannon Noll & Natalie Bassingthwaite, Billy Joel, Beyonce, The Hoodoo Gurus, Midnight Oil... Tell you what I'll scan the cover for you, and email you with it tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete